I tried to think of what else we could do and then I spotted this speckled globe and decided it would be really cute with our sparkling fan!We changed out the globe and this is what our finished project looked like!At the same time I am working on a project with Glidden’s new Disney paint line and the idea just came together that re-doing, re-purposing Addie’s fan would be an awesome idea! Yeah, told you it wasn’t very cute, just a plain old basic fan.Again, since it still is functioning it was hard to say just to junk it.So Bryan pulled took off the globe and then unscrewed the fan blades for me.
GE lighting challenged me to repurpose or reuse something when it came to lighting and of course I was up for the challenge!
With purchasing the new globe and a package of light-bulbs for the fan we were out a total of .62 for this project since we used paint that we had purchased for another project!
I love that we not only updated her look but we also were able to re-use what we already had on hand!
The fan itself is lovely with wonderful wood blades and a modern touch. John loves that it has a remote control from which he control both the fan direction, speed and light on a dimmer.
You can see here how it is coming together with the bed, bedding, rug and now fan!