Supermarket retailers Somerfield took over a former Kwik Save shop at Kennedy Way c.2006; the branch became part of the Co-op after the takeover of the chain in 2010; in 2014 the Co-op announced it was to close the shop (closed September 2014).
Supermarket chain Aldi acquired the site in 2014 with the aim of opening a new store in 2015; In early 2016 work began on the reconstruction of Immingham Civic Centre – an aim was to concentrate public services at one location including Immingham Town Council, North East Lincolnshire Council offices, Humberside Police offices, Shoreline (housing agent) offices, a Library and the Immingham museum.
Immingham is a town, civil parish and ward in the North East Lincolnshire unitary authority of England.
It is situated on the southwest bank of the Humber Estuary, and is 6 miles (10 km) north-west from Grimsby.
By 1981 the population had risen to 11,506; making it North Lincolnshire's fourth town, after Grimsby, Cleethorpes and Scunthorpe.
Standard housing also expanded: By 1968 there were many new side streets, in particular a new estate encompassed by Pilgrim Avenue; development along Pelham Road had become almost continuous, and the new village now expanding northwest towards the old Immingham.
By the early 1930s housing development was scattered across several locations: most was along Pelham Road, of which the majority was east of the original village (St Andrew's church), centred around the County Hotel, and close to the dock estate; further development had taken place south and south east of the church, also on Pelham Road, in two locations each centred on one of the two nonconformist chapels.
Almost all the housing was terraced, with the more generous ground plans found moving southwest along Pelham Road.
In the later medieval period Immingham decline, reduced from 66 households in 1523 to 46 in 1723, in common with other Lincolnshire places on or near the Humber banks.
The silting of the haven leading from the Humber has been supposed as one possible cause.
In the 1870s the parish of Immingham had a population of 237, whilst Roxton was still known as a small hamlet.
Further growth took place in the late 19s: northwest of Pelham Road, with the village continuous towards Church Lane; a new estate southeast of Pilgrim Road; as well as further infilling to the southwest.
In 2007 Immingham School was renamed Oasis Academy Immingham.