It is much taller than the standard toolhouses, and was moved here in 1992 after retirement by the Santa Fe.
Food historians tell us Tex Mex cuisine originated hundreds of years ago when Spanish/Mexican recipes combined with Anglo fare.
It was built in 1920, and is similar in appearance to the Coleman toolhouse.
The Texaco warehouse at the rear of the lot was built in Spur, Texas in 1928 and that company opened its agency in the building on January 4, 1929.
A provision of the State's Constitution required that railway companies doing business in Texas maintain general offices within the state, for which purpose the Santa Fe maintained two subsidiary corporations until 1965, the G. This is in keeping with a standard Santa Fe practice of upgrading (or downgrading) a depot to meet the demands of a changing population.
Marsh, in a letter to affected employees, attributed the dissolution to technological advances enabling the centralized administration of operations and the need to make economies in corporate expenses. Among these a very few survived into the 1980s before closure, of which at least 18 can be reckoned to have been open for at least 100 years, some in relatively isolated locales.