I'd be curious to know from Mac OSXHints users whether they are experiencing this problem in the first place and if the workaround works for you, too.I'd also like to understand why this works and why the problem even exists.In Lin Castor (which you need to double-click twice to fully open for editing): on handle_url(args) if (|URL| of args starts with "https://mail.google.") then tell application "Google Chrome" open location |URL| of args end tell else if (|URL| of args starts with " then tell application "Firefox" open location |URL| of args end tell else tell application "Safari" open location |URL| of args end tell end return 1 end Obviously you should customize the code to suite your own specific needs.You can validate the script right in Lin Castor before saving/activating it.[crarko adds: I tested this, and it works as described. I tried it in 10.10 beta 2, and it also worked there.There's not much documentation for it, so tinker around a bit to get the result you want.] I'm writing a detailed set of instructions for getting VPN 'on-demand' working with i OS 7.
Theres a wealth of great information here that many will find useful, so we've elected to maintain it in a read-only form.
Simply put, you can have multiple versions of Java in different places.
What was happening on the not-working Macs was that the jdk versions were being used, and the Juniper vpn client won't work with them.
I think the actual hint here is a reminder that if a site misbehaves, changing the user agent can be an effective troubleshooting tool.] Usually I want to open Gmail in Chrome and URLs pointing to my development server in Firefox. There is this nifty free app called Lin Castor that enables you to register your own handler for an URL.
Although it had beed designed to register your own non-standard URL schemes, it can intercept standard http and https as well.